Re: Query with high planning time at version 11.1 compared versions10.5 and 11.0

От Sanyo Moura
Тема Re: Query with high planning time at version 11.1 compared versions10.5 and 11.0
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello Jeff,

My table (PRICE) is partitioned and contains 730 partitions. Each partition contains 1 day of data.
I performed the same test now with restriction (WHERE) in only 1 day (1 partition), but doing SELECT in the virtual table PRICE.
I got the same delay in planning.
However, when I changed my query to use the partition directly, the plan ran instantaneously.
I believe the problem should be in some internal code related to scanning the partitions for the planning.
Does it make sense?

Thanks,

Sanyo Capobiango