Re: [GENERAL] Materialized view vs. view

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Materialized view vs. view
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 1:36 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 01/10/2017 10:27 AM, Job wrote:
Hi guys,

iam making some tests with a massive number of "select" queries (only
for reading datas) on a view and a materialized view.
We use Postgresql 9.6.1 on a 64bit server.

Only for "select" queries, which one is faster and less expensive as
resources cost?
The view or the materialized view?

If are running tests as you state above, you should know or am I missing something?

The view has about 500K lines.

Thank you!
/F

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

fyi, a view is nothing more than just that, a view.
A materialized view, afaic, is a misleading name, it is actually a valid table and you can create indexes on them,
so theoretically you should be able to reduce response time on them.

--
Melvin Davidson