Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 9.6.1 big slowdown by upgrading 8.4.22

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 9.6.1 big slowdown by upgrading 8.4.22
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 4:56 PM, Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6 Jan 2017, at 16:56, Job <Job@colliniconsulting.it> wrote:
>
> W e use a function, the explain analyze is quite similar:
> POSTGRESQL 8.4.22:
>  Total runtime: 1.531 ms
>
> POSTGRES 9.6.1:
>  Execution time: 4.230 ms

Are you being serious? You're complaining about a "big slowdown" for a query that goes from 1.5ms to 4ms?
What is the actual problem you're trying to solve? Because I don't see one in the above.

Just saying, you're obviously worried about something, but should you be?

Alban Hertroys

In addition to what Alban says, make sure you are comparing apples to apples.
IOW,
have you tuned the postgresql.conf on 9.6.1 to the same values as 8.4.22?
are you working on the same server & O/S for both versions?

--
Melvin Davidson

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 9.6.1 big slowdown by upgrading 8.4.22
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 9.6.1 big slowdown by upgrading 8.4.22