Re: postmaster is restarting

От Rodrigo Barboza
Тема Re: postmaster is restarting
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 7:48 PM, Johnny Tan <johnnydtan@gmail.com> wrote:
Chef or Puppet?

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 5:48 PM, Lou Picciano <loupicciano@comcast.net> wrote:
You probably have a service with overarching control over PostgreSQL. Gonna depend on how you installed PostgreSQL, which distro you've installed, etc...

----- Original Message -----
From: Rodrigo Barboza <rodrigombufrj@gmail.com>
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Sent: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 21:35:08 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: [ADMIN] postmaster is restarting

Hi, guys.
I am using the script that comes with postgres installation to start and stop my database.
When I stop the database, it restarts after some minutes.
I have looked through every path and I don't find who starts it again.
I am using Linux.
Is there some kind of signaling to for it to restart? Does anybody have any tips where to find it?

The only thing my script does is call postmaster. This script comes with postgres source code.
I installed postgres passing the prefix for the installation in configure and I am using LFS.