Re: relfrozenxid not getting reset even after manual VACUUM

От Armand du Plessis
Тема Re: relfrozenxid not getting reset even after manual VACUUM
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks a lot Albe, Gezeala.

I missed the 701995 dead rows cannot be removed yet in the logs (was late) and will now know to check the toast tables as well if this happens again.

Thank you!

Armand

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
Armand du Plessis wrote:
> We're running into a scenario where despite doing a manual vacuum as a superuser the relfrozenxid for
> one relation now dangerously close to wraparound is not getting reset.
>
> It's a Postgres 9.2.3 cluster. We shutdown other access to the machine while running the VACUUM to
> ensure it could complete quick enough with an aggressive vacuum (vacuum_cost_limit 10000 and no
> delay). The previous autovacuum was running for days without completing.
>
> There's also no old transactions in either pg_prepared_xacts or pg_stat_activity.

> The tail-end of the vacuum log:
[...]
> DETAIL:  701995 dead row versions cannot be removed yet.

That's your problem.  Somebody must have been using these rows, unless
there is a bug.  That's an awfully high number too.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: After upgrading from 9.1.1 to 9.1.9, pgadmin's server status window gives error
Сообщение: Re: After upgrading from 9.1.1 to 9.1.9, pgadmin's server status window gives error