Re: How to undo an update to a table?

От Payal Singh
Тема Re: How to undo an update to a table?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
what kind of backups are you taking? If you have dump backups, you can restore the single table to a different instance of with a different table name, and then switch the new and old tables. Although, you would be lucky if this solution works for you, since the table might have dependencies which might make it difficult to do this.

Another thing you can do to ensure faster recovery is :

1. restore the backup to a new instance. This should be from a backup before the update
2. Get the changed rows
3. update these rows in the actual table.

Payal Singh,
Database Administrator,
OmniTI Computer Consulting Inc.
Phone: 240.646.0770 x 253