Re: WAL Archive Cleanup on Master/Standby

От Payal Singh
Тема Re: WAL Archive Cleanup on Master/Standby
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Payal Singh,
Junior Database Administrator,
OmniTI Computer Consulting Inc.
Phone: 240.646.0770 x 253

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 12:27 PM, <jayknowsunix@gmail.com> wrote:
Daniel,

I use a custom script that I developed as we needed a reliable copy to a pair a standby servers. That script knows which WAL segment has been successfully copied to which server, and when it knows that both copies were successful, it deletes the segment from the master. However, if one of the copies failed, the WAL segment is left on the primary where it is tried again the next time it gets called. So far, it seems fairly reliable and consistent.
--
Jay

Sent from my iPad