Slow application response on lightly loaded server?

От Mike Blackwell
Тема Slow application response on lightly loaded server?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
We're seeing slow application performance on a PostgreSQL 9.1 server which appears to be relatively lightly loaded.  Some graphs from pgstatview are at  http://www2.uptimeforce.com/pgstatview/e35ba4e7db0842a1b9cf2e10a4c03d91/   These cover approximately 40 minutes, during which there was some activity from a web application and two bulk loads in process.

The machine running the bulk loads (perl scripts) is also running at about 70% idle with very little iowait.  That seems to suggest network latency to me.

Am I missing something in the server stats that would indicate a problem?  If not, where should I look next?

Mike Blackwell | Technical Analyst, Distribution Services/Rollout Management | RR Donnelley
1750 Wallace Ave | St Charles, IL 60174-3401
Office: 630.313.7818
Mike.Blackwell@rrd.com
http://www.rrdonnelley.com