[ADMIN] Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [pgus-general] Steps to place standby database inread write

От Prashanth Reddy
Тема [ADMIN] Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [pgus-general] Steps to place standby database inread write
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Srinivas,
Thanks for reaching out to me.
We are not in the process of setting up the hot-standby.
we are in the process of testing the DR databases, so we want to place the standby database out of sync from PROD by disabling the replication on DR site , place the DR database in read-write mode for testing purpose, once the application testing is done, we would like to place the DR database back in sync with PROD.

NOTE: For Hot-standby we are using rsync method.

another question on postgres database logs: Is there any other location for the log files apart from "/var/log/postgresql" location?

Regards,
Prashanth
9989819107