Re: Error on pg_dumpall

От Terry Khatri
Тема Re: Error on pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On 23 October 2012 10:15, Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au> wrote:

First, try per-database dumps. Work out which database has the problem.
Do a:

    pg_dumpall -U sns84  --globals-only > globals.sql

then for each database:

    pg_dump -U sns84 -f $dbname.sql $dbname

(scripting it if desired), until you see which DB fails to dump. Dump
all the DBs you can successfully dump before proceeding.

Then, in the problem dB, try:

    REINDEX pg_catalog.pg_namespace;

does that help?
Nope, same problem still - I knew already which db is failing pls see my initial msg

pg_dump: schema with OID 74363 does not exist

What's the output of:

    SELECT oid, nspname FROM pg_catalog.pg_namespace;

in the problem DB?

nspname

---------

99

11194

11195

11

2200

11459

82537

(7 rows)

That oid does'nt show up here !

List of schemas

Name       | Owner

-------------+---------

public       | sns84

 bihistory  | sns84

(2 rows)

Is all your data for the problem DB in the "public" schema? If so, can
you do a schema-only dump?

  pg_dump -U sns84 -n public -f $dbname.dump $dbname
 No it is in its own schema i.e. bihistory

Please let me know if there's any tweaking that we do in the catalog to fix it.
Thank you very much for your help
Rgds