Re: Cannot take base backup of a master database

От Terry Khatri
Тема Re: Cannot take base backup of a master database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On 5 November 2012 22:05, Lukasz Brodziak <lukasz.brodziak@gmail.com> wrote:
2012/11/5 Terry Khatri <terrykhatri531@gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> When I tried to take a base backup of the master database I go the following
> message:
>

> $ pg_basebackup. -U sns84 -h 192.168.56.10 -D ccslave
>
> pg_basebackup: directory "/usr/local/pgsql/master/pg_tblspc" exists but is
> not empty
>

> Any I idea how I can fix it - please help
> Thanks
Hi,

To my knowledge of the topic the pg_tblspc directory should be empty
unless you create a tablespace yourself using CREATE TABLESPACE
command. The directory then stores the symbolic link to the
user-created tablespace which points to a location specified in above
mentioned command. The names of the files inside the folder are
consistent with namespaces' OIDs. I would assume that the tablespace
file that is stored in your pg_tblspc folder making it 'present and
not empty' is the file connected to the tablespace which was the topic
of this whole discussion. Check the folder to verify my assumption.
Hope this helps
Cheers

Hi
Thanks for your quick response, new tablespaces were indeed created in that folder in the master database but why it should now prevent me from taking a basebackup to setup another slave ?
Thanks

Łukasz Brodziak
"Do you bury me when I'm gone
Do you teach me while I'm here