Re: Some tuning suggestions on a Red Hat 6.7 - PG 9.5.3 production environment

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: Some tuning suggestions on a Red Hat 6.7 - PG 9.5.3 production environment
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 3:45 AM, Pietro Pugni <pietro.pugni@gmail.com> wrote:

The first issue I faced was about maintenance_work_mem because I set it to 16GB and the server silently crashed during a VACUUM because I didn’t consider that it could take up to autovacuum_max_workers * maintenance_work_mem (roughly 48GB).

I don't think that this is the true cause of the problem. In current versions of PostgreSQL, VACUUM cannot make use of more than 1GB of process-local memory, even if maintenance_work_mem is set to a far greater value.

Cheers,

Jeff

Сообщение: Re: Performance decrease after upgrade to 9.6.1
Сообщение: Re: Performance decrease after upgrade to 9.6.1