Re: High CPU usage / load average after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: High CPU usage / load average after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> On 02/14/2013 08:47 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>> If you run your benchmarks for more than a few minutes I highly
>> recommend enabling sysstat service data collection, then you can look
>> at it after the fact with sar.  VERY useful stuff both for
>> benchmarking and post mortem on live servers.
>
> Well, background sar, by default on Linux, only collects every 30min.
> For a benchmark run, you want to generate your own sar file, for example:

On all my machines (debian and ubuntu) it collects every 5.

All of mine were 10, but once I figured out to edit /etc/cron.d/sysstat they are now every 1 minute.

sar has some remarkably opaque documentation, but I'm glad I tracked that down.

Cheers,

Jeff