Re: exponential performance decrease in ISD transaction

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: exponential performance decrease in ISD transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 5:27 AM, John Nash
<postgres.dba.needs.help@gmail.com> wrote:

> -Postgresql version installed is : postgresql-9.1.3 although when
> querying the database we retrieve this output.
>
> postgres=# select * from version();
>                                                      version
>  PostgreSQL 8.4.9 on x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc
> (GCC) 4.4.5 20110214 (Red Hat 4.4.5-6), 64-bit

Hi John,

You have two versions of pgsql installed, and the one you are running
is not the one you think you are running.

That's probably the first thing to sort out--repeat the experiment
with the correct version.

Also, rather than posting the entire config file, you can get just the
non-default settings:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Server_Configuration

Cheers,

Jeff