Re: How to improve insert speed with index on text column

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: How to improve insert speed with index on text column
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Saurabh <saurabh.b85@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the information.
>
> Schema of table is:
>
> ID                         bigint
> company_name     text
> data_set                text
> time                      timestamp
> Date                     date
>
> Length of company_name is not known so it is of datatype text. I need
> to build the index on company_name and ID. And then insert the
> records. I can not create the index after insertion because user can
> search the data as well while insertion.
>
> Machine is of 8 core, os centos6 and 8 GB of RAM.
>
> Here is my configuration:
>
> shared_buffers = 32MB

That is very small for your server.  I'd use at least 512MB, and maybe 2GB

> wal_buffers = 1024KB

If you are using 9.1, I would have this set to the default of -1 and
let the database decide for itself what to use.

Сообщение: Re: Why should such a simple query over indexed columns be so slow?
Сообщение: Re: Why should such a simple query over indexed columns be so slow?