Re: postgres 9.3 vs. 9.4

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: postgres 9.3 vs. 9.4
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Mkrtchyan, Tigran <tigran.mkrtchyan@desy.de> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
> [...]

10 minutes run had the same results.

Is there some kind of statistics which can tell there time is spend?

Probably the first thing I'd so is strace -p the backend process with -T and -ttt while pgbench is running and watch a few seconds go by to see if anything stands out.  Then strace -c and see what that shows.

pg_test_fsync with the file put in each of the pg_xlog directory.  (Actually, that is probably the first thing to do.)

run pgbench with -l and see if the throughput is smooth or spiky.

What does sar, top or vmstat say?

Run with track_io_timing = on and with pg_stat_statements and see what they show.  Also turn on log_checkpoints.

Cheers,

Jeff