Re: [PERFORM] Dissuade the use of exclusion constraint index

От Adam Brusselback
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Dissuade the use of exclusion constraint index
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello all,
Just wondering if there is anything else I can provide to help figure this out.

One thing I did notice, is there is a discussion about "invisible indexes" going on, which seems that if it was implemented, would be one way to "fix" my problem: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/ed8c9ed7-bb5d-aaec-065b-ad4893645deb%402ndQuadrant.com#ed8c9ed7-bb5d-aaec-065b-ad4893645deb@2ndQuadrant.com

The down side to that approach, is even when that index really is the best option for a query, it cannot utilize it.

Let me know if I can provide anything else.
-Adam