Re: Guide to PG's capabilities for inlining, predicate hoisting, flattening, etc?

От Justin Pitts
Тема Re: Guide to PG's capabilities for inlining, predicate hoisting, flattening, etc?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
[…]  Perhaps we could let people say
something like WITH x AS FENCE (...) when they want the fencing
behavior, and otherwise assume they don't (but give it to them anyway
if there's a data-modifying operation in there).

I would love to be able to test some of our CTE queries in such a scenario.

None of them do data modification. How hard would it be to patch my own build to disable the fence unilaterally for testing purposes?