Re: Database just hangs at startup

От vipul shah
Тема Re: Database just hangs at startup
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Terry,

It looks like typo in local line in pg_hba.conf. I work in pg8.4 and 9.1 but I think that there is nothing like 'trustit' in pg_hba.conf file in 9.2.

local all all trustit

Change this to

local all all trust

Regards,
Vipul Shah

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Scott Whitney <swhitney@journyx.com> wrote:
I'd hate to contradict Tom, and since ^ is probably a typo, and you likely meant *, yes, that's likely, but be sure you understand the implications of listening on all interfaces first. Just saying from an IT point of view.

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Terry Khatri <terrykhatri531@gmail.com> writes:
> I am having problems making any connection to the database, it was working
> fine and problems started when I added a wrong cidr in pg_hba.conf to allow
> connection from other hosts in the network,  I took out that entry and
> restarted it but it just does not work it starts up fine but all
> connections just hang forever, whether I try it with psql or pgadmin III.

> listen_address='^'

Well, that setting is certainly wrong.  Perhaps you meant
listen_address='*'