Re: Out of memory running 560 MB query

От Rajesh Madiwale
Тема Re: Out of memory running 560 MB query
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 6:23 AM, Morgan Ramsay <morgan.ramsay@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry, I was running the query on what appeared to be a cached copy of the old table—or something.

After a reboot, everything seems to be working. The admin client wasn’t responding but now all of my data is there.

With regard to the list, I wasn’t sure whether there was a .conf setting that limited the size of queries or whether there was a query size limit.

Hi,

I suspect this issue occured due to no proper configuration of parameter( shared_buffer and maintenance_work_mem) in postgresql.conf file.
For greater insert/copy operation  shared_buffer and maintenance_work_mem parameters should be configured to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Rajesh Madiwale,
Database Administrator,
Shreeyansh Technologies.