Re: Pros and cons of giving someone superuser privilege

От Daniel Gomez Blanco
Тема Re: Pros and cons of giving someone superuser privilege
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
We provide some extensions by default, and would be willing to install more extensions if needed. The point about stored procedures is a good point though.

Thanks for your input!

Daniel

On 25 April 2014 16:52, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
* Daniel Gomez Blanco (nanodgb@gmail.com) wrote:
> >From your reply and considering why I have just said, I think that, in our
> case, these users would be better off without superuser access. As for
> their day-to-day operations they wouldn't need it as long as they can
> create their databases and roles, and execute the rest of operations on the
> web interface.

Just to hit on this again- that means your users can't install any
extensions (not even those provided as part of PG through contrib).
Eventually, users will get upset by the lack of things like PostGIS.

They also can't create stored procedures using any of the untrusted
languages (of course, if they could, they could get access to the host,
so that may be a show-stopper anyway).

        Thanks,

                Stephen