[GENERAL] Free seminar in Malmo: PostgreSQL at 10TB and Beyond

От Chris Travers
Тема [GENERAL] Free seminar in Malmo: PostgreSQL at 10TB and Beyond
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi;

I have been asked to deliver a seminar on use of PostgreSQL in large data environments.  I have decided to send this to the general list as well because I think it may be of general interest here,

We will be talking about how problems and solutions for PostgreSQL when using it to manage 10-12TB of data under heavy load.

In particular, 4 specific problems we faced will be discussed in technical detail:

1. How table partitioning solved a number of our performance problems.
2. How non-1NF designs solved some problems and created some new ones.
3. How PL/Perl was used to address large data sets of semi-structured data.
4. How use of PostgreSQL as job queue store raised unexpected problems, and their solutions.

The discussion surrounds a case study which shows how well PostgreSQL scales, but offers a number of lessons for database management in smaller sizes as well.

If you are interested and in the Southern Sweden or Copenhagen areas, please feel free to register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/postgresql-at-10-tb-and-beyond-tickets-30841174784

--
Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor lock-in.