Re: Logging on without prompt for password

От Scott Mead
Тема Re: Logging on without prompt for password
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Rossi, Maria <maria.rossi@jackson.com> wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way of enabling a user to logon without being prompted for password?  I know  there is the .pgpass file,  but this file requires the port#  and my server has several postgres clusters with different port#.    So,  am  not sure if I can use the .pgpass file.

You can enter a '*' in any field in .pgpass.  So,

 hostname:port:database:username:password

127.0.0.1:*:*:postgres:abc

  Would authenticate the postgres user with pass: abc to any database on any port on 127.0.0.1

--
Scott Mead
Sr. Architect

And at the pg_hba.conf file,  the id already has ‘trust’ method, but it is still being prompted for password.

This id will  be used for automated scanning and needs to run pg_dumpall.

Thanks.

Maria A Rossi

Database Administration

PGDS (US)

email: maria.rossi@us.pgds.com
cell phone: 517.256.4392

work phone: 517.367.3099
work phone extension: 23099

Сообщение: Re: Logging on without prompt for password
Сообщение: Re: Logging on without prompt for password