Re: a new standby server promotes itself to primary without cause

От Scott Mead
Тема Re: a new standby server promotes itself to primary without cause
Дата
Re: a new standby server promotes itself to primary without cause
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 10:59 AM, John Scalia <jayknowsunix@gmail.com> wrote:
Yep, they're both in different directories and on different ports.  Allow me to note, that I have both handbuilt this file from the sample provided in /usr/pgsql-9.4/share and used pg_basebackup's -R option to automatically generate it. Doesn't seem to make a difference. Here's the recovery.conf file I'm using on the standby.

restore_command = 'cp /var/lib/pgsql/9.4/share/%f %p'           # e.g. 'cp /mnt/server/archivedir/%f %p'
archive_cleanup_command = '/usr/pgsql-9.4/bin/pg_archivecleanup /var/lib/pgsql/9.4/share %r'
#recovery_end_command = ''
#recovery_target_name = ''      # e.g. 'daily backup 2011-01-26'
#recovery_target_time = ''      # e.g. '2004-07-14 22:39:00 EST'
#recovery_target_xid = ''
#recovery_target_inclusive = true
recovery_target = 'immediate'

I believe you should omit recovery_target.  From http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/recovery-target-settings.html

recovery_target = 'immediate'

This parameter specifies that recovery should end as soon as a consistent state is reached, i.e. as early as possible. When restoring from an online backup, this means the point where taking the backup ended.

--
Scott Mead
Sr. Architect

pause_at_recovery_target = false
standby_mode = on
primary_conninfo = 'host=10.32.10.175 port=5432 user=replicator'                # e.g. 'host=localhost port=5432'
primary_slot_name = 'replicant'
trigger_file = '/var/lib/pgsql/9.4/share/trigger_file'
#recovery_min_apply_delay = 0

I have also gone through the master's postgresql.conf file several times looking for problems, and I've verified the replication slot exists.

Thanks for your assistance,
Jay