Re: [GENERAL] postgreSQL query via JDBC in different OS taking different running time?

От Luca Ferrari
Тема Re: [GENERAL] postgreSQL query via JDBC in different OS taking different running time?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 3:48 AM, Aftab Ahmed Chandio <aftabac@siat.ac.cn> wrote:
> What do u suggest me, where I need to make performance tuning? w hich
> configuration setting must need to modify in the linux?

Well, others have already pointed out that you should first measure
your query on the server. I would point out that the JVM itself could
be different or differently configured on Linux/win machines, and this
will lead to different results.
Second it is not clear to me why are you measuring the same query on
different machines and OSs, or better, why are you assuming the
resulting time should be the same.

Luca