Re: [PERFORM] Improving PostgreSQL insert performance

От Frits Jalvingh
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Improving PostgreSQL insert performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi John,

Yes, I was aware and amazed by that ;) It is actually the fetch size in combination with autocommit being on; that dies the sweet OOM death as soon as the table gets big.

But Postgres read performance, with autocommit off and fetch size arond 64K, is quite OK. But it's good to get this mentioned a lot, because as you said you can spend quite some time wondering about this!