Re: [ADMIN] PGSQL as database server container

От Jaime Soler
Тема Re: [ADMIN] PGSQL as database server container
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
In my opinion the big problem is containers are recommended for stateless applications and people would like to use them to stateful applications like relational databases so storage is your problem. There are some storage ( plugins ) solutions some of them have a one node scope and other cluster wide. Take a look to this storage solution https://github.com/portworx/px-dev

Hi List,

I'm looking to get some feedback from your own experience  using PGSQL as a database containers, form what I had been reading I found more user cases for LXD and  Docker  with latest PGSQL ,is  this assumption correct ? What is feedback, should we consider LXD and OpenStack also , how about   the  basic requirements I need to put for Sysadmin when  config PGSQL as database server container? ( memeory, layout of PG files etc?)

Thank you
Isabella