Re: Parallel stats in execution plans

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Parallel stats in execution plans
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 at 00:31, David Conlin <dc345@cantab.net> wrote:
> How the time values combine with parallelism. For example, each execution of the sort node takes an average of 48.5s,
overthree loops. This makes a total running time of 145.5s. Even if this was perfectly distributed between the two
workers,I would expect this to take 72.75s, which is more than the total execution time, so it can't take this long.
>  How the row numbers combine with those in the "Workers" subkey. For example, in the Sort node, worker #0 produces
3,277,980rows, while worker #1 produces 3,385,130 rows. The Sort node as a whole produces 3,333,337 rows per loop, for
atotal of 10,000,010 (the value in the gather merge node). I would have expected the number of rows produced by the two
workersto sum to the number produced by the Sort node as a whole, either per loop or in total.
> How the "Actual Loops" values combine with those in the "Workers" subkey. For example, the "Sort" node has 3 loops,
buteach of the workers inside it have 1 loop. I would have expected either:

> each of the workers to have done 3 loops (since the sort is executed 3 times), or
> the number of loops in the two workers to sum to three (if the three executions of the sort are distributed across
thetwo workers)

It's important to know that all of the actual row counts and actual
time are divided by the number of loops, which in this case is 3, one
per process working on that part of the plan.  There are two workers,
but also the main process helps out too.

От: David Conlin
Сообщение: Re: Parallel stats in execution plans
От: Mariel Cherkassky
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: found xmin from before relfrozenxid