[GENERAL] replication slot to be used in the future

От Tom DalPozzo
Тема [GENERAL] replication slot to be used in the future
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
I've got my primary and I make a pg_basebackup -x in order to create a standby.
I can connect my standby only later, in some hours, so I'd like the master to keep new WALs but I don't like to use archiving nor keep-segments option. I thought to do it through a physical replication slot (my standby will have its replication slot name).
So I create a physical replication slot but I see that the master, which has never seen my standby connected to him, doesn't keep WALs.

Any idea?

Regards
Pupillo