Re: keeping WAL after dropping replication slots

От Tom DalPozzo
Тема Re: keeping WAL after dropping replication slots
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On 04/04/2017 07:45 AM, Tom DalPozzo wrote:

Postgres version?
9.6.1

Hi,
I had two replication slots on my primary. Slaves off and (around 800)
WALs kept as expected.

Slaves off means?:

You replication set up from the master to the slaves(how many?).
Then you disconnected the slaves how?

I have 2 slaves configured with async replication but they were down  when I dropped the slots.

So the 800 WALs number mean you have wal_keep_segments set to 800?
No,  wal_keep_segments is commented.
800 is the rough number of files I saw in xlog dir before dropping the slots.

I dropped those slots but over time, the system kept on adding new WALs
without reusing them or deleting them.
Only after shutdown and restart the system deleted those WAL files.
Is that ok?
regards
Pupillo

--