Re: Perf decreased although server is better

От Benjamin Toueg
Тема Re: Perf decreased although server is better
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

I tried pg_repack on the new server with no luck, so I've decided to move back to the old server to discard:
  1. performance decrease due to server raw characteristics
  2. performance decrease due to network latencies
I've seen no improvement whatsoever. Could the issue be due to one of, or an interaction between :
  1. Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS (Linux 3.14.32-vps-grs-ipv6-64 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux)
  2. Postgres 9.6.1/Postgis 2.3
  3. pgbouncer 1.7.2
I guess to be sure I would need to find a way to restore my initial performances one way or another 😒

The postgresql.conf is the same as before, and very close to the defaults: http://pastebin.com/ZGYH38ft. I realised I had "track_functions on" but I turned it off and it didn't help.

The only thing that changed purposefully is the postgres and pgbouncer authentication mechanism (it used to be `trust` for both, now it's `md5` for both).

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 6:53 AM, Benjamin Toueg <btoueg@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see how this can be due to network latency!

I'm not suggesting it is due to network latency -- it is due to the
latency for storage requests.  That won't depend on network latency
unless you are going to a LAN for storage.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com