Re: [GENERAL] Largepages in Windows

От Andrew Kerber
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Largepages in Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Oh, I can answer that.  The owner of the postgreSQL executable must have the privilege to lock pages in memory.

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@gmail.com> writes:
> Does PostgreSQL 9.4 support large pages in windows?  The setting is there
> in the postgresql.conf, but I cant tell if it is supported in windows?

No, but there's a pending patch for that:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/0A3221C70F24FB45833433255569204D1F5F1751@G01JPEXMBYT05

Looks like it's blocked on the question of what privileges are required
to use the feature.

Andrew W. Kerber