Re: dsa_allocate() faliure

От Jakub Glapa
Тема Re: dsa_allocate() faliure
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
So, the issue occurs only on production db an right now I cannot reproduce it.
I had a look at dmesg and indeed I see something like:

--
regards,
pozdrawiam,

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 5:10 PM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 03:31:41PM +0100, Jakub Glapa wrote:
> Hi Justin, I've upgrade to 10.6 but the error still shows up:
>
> If I set it to max_parallel_workers=0 I also get and my connection is being
> closed (but the server is alive):
>
> psql db@host as user => set max_parallel_workers=0;

Can you show the plan (explain without analyze) for the nonparallel case?

Also, it looks like the server crashed in that case (even if it restarted
itself quickly).  Can you confirm ?

For example: dmesg |tail might show "postmaster[8582]: segfault [...]" or
similar.  And other clients would've been disconnected.  (For example, you'd
get an error in another, previously-connected session the next time you run:
SELECT 1).

In any case, could you try to find a minimal way to reproduce the problem ?  I
mean, is the dataset and query small and something you can publish, or can you
reproduce with data generated from (for example) generate_series() ?

Thanks,
Justin