psql on Linux vs Windows, major GSS differences

От Jeffrey Shaw
Тема psql on Linux vs Windows, major GSS differences
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello all,
I'm attempting to get Windows domain users to be able to connect to a PostgreSQL server running on CentOS 7. Linux clients authenticated to the domain are able to connect, whereas Windows clients are not.

I've been looking at Wireshark packet captures, and there's a big difference between Linux and Windows psql. After sending a message to the server containing key-value pairs containing the user name and other information such as encoding, psql on Linux sends a packet that wireshark shows as ">p", and it contains a kerberos password. psql on Windows does not send that message.

The error the Windows client prints is

psql: SSPI continuation error: The specified target is unknown or unreachable
 (80090303)

Another difference is that psql on Windows sends the user name without the domain appended, for example "jeff.shaw" instead of "jeff.shaw@domain.com". The psql on Linux does append the domain name.

I've verified that both the client and server have valid dns and reverse dns entries.

I'm using the binaries from enterprisedb for PostgreSQL 9.4 beta 2 on both the client and server. I'm wondering if the problem is that the Windows version is not compiled with GSS support. pg_config reports that the Linux build is configured --with-gssapi, whereas that does not appear in the Windows version.

Jeff