Missing wal_files Postgres 9.2

От Patrick B
Тема Missing wal_files Postgres 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi guys,

I'm currently using PostgreSQL 9.2.

One of my backup servers went down, and I had to re-sync the all the DB.
I used pg_basebackup and, of course, at the same time wal_archive.

Steps I did:

1 - Confirm the wal_files are being copied into the new server.
2 - Delete /var/lib/pgsql/9.2/data/*
3 - Double check the wal_files are ok into the server
4 - Start pg_basebackup
5 - pg_basebackup took 10 days, as our DB is 2.0TB.
6 - Start postgres with the recovery.conf.restore_comand
7 - Wait for the wal_files being processed

I got an error here: 00000002000013B40000001A` not found

How is that possible? If I double checked!! :(
I can't find that file anywhere.. and now I'll have to re-do all the work =(

Questions:

1 - Is there any way to restore the DB without that file?

2 - If I'll have to re-do all the steps above, is there any way to check if the wal_files exists once the pg_basebackup has started?
Once the pg_basebackup command is running, I could see if the next wal_file would be available... it would be easier to cancel the command or to restart it if I need to.

Can I check the next wal_file by catting the backup_label files?

cat backup_label:

START WAL LOCATION: 13B4/EBEECA8 (file 00000002000013B40000000E)
CHECKPOINT LOCATION: 13B4/1AACC868
BACKUP METHOD: streamed
BACKUP FROM: standby
START TIME: 2016-06-24 04:04:48 UTC