Re: pgsql error

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: pgsql error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 7:47 AM, Mcleod, John <johnm@spicergroup.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the reply.
>
> At command line, I ran...
> "psql  --version"
> and received..
> "psql  (PostgreSQL) 7.5devel"
>
> The database is sitting on a Windows 2003 Server box.
> A mapping application, wrote in PHP, runs with Apache 2.05

ok -- first you reported the version # of the client, not the back
end.  let's hope they are different.  you are running an early
development build of postgres 8.0 -- I know this because about 3/4 the
way through the development cycle the version # changed from 7.5 to
8.0.  This is essentially a completely unpactched, riddled with known
bugs, alpha build. Prevailing wisdom is that the earliest good build
to use on windows is 8.2 or maybe 8.3.

Right now 100% of your energy should be devoted to double checking the
version# against the backend (postgres -- version) and, if it is also
7.5 devel, capturing a good backup if you don't have one already and
upgrading ASAP.

merlin