Re: Interesting article, Facebook woes using MySQL

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Interesting article, Facebook woes using MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Gauthier, Dave <dave.gauthier@intel.com> wrote:
> http://gigaom.com/cloud/facebook-trapped-in-mysql-fate-worse-than-death/

Well, Stonebraker is pitching (for the Nth time) a "revolutionary"
platform, VoltDB, which naturally brings up concerns about bias. For
example, it's not clear why 1,800 servers running mysql is necessarily
a 'fate worse than death'.  Reading the article I find myself asking,
'what is the problem that needs solving here?'.

I bet postgres would do just fine for facebook although it would take
a lot of tweaking to get maximal numbers.

merlin

Сообщение: Re: Interesting article, Facebook woes using MySQL
Сообщение: Re: Interesting article, Facebook woes using MySQL