Re: [GENERAL] Can you please suggest me some links where I can learn:

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Can you please suggest me some links where I can learn:
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:
> M Tarkeshwar Rao <m.tarkeshwar.rao@ericsson.com> wrote:
>
>> I want start contributing in Postgres in code level.
>
> Welcome!  You should probably start with this page and its links:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ
>
>> Can you please suggest me some links where I can learn:
>> 1.       Transaction Isolation in Database
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/transaction-iso.html
>
>> 2.       Query procession and possible optimizations.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/overview.html
>
> http://www.pgcon.org/2011/schedule/attachments/188_Planner%20talk.pdf
>
> http://www.justin.tv/sfpug/b/419326732
>
>> 3.       How to improve query and its performance.
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Performance_Optimization
>
>> 4.       MVCC in detail.
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/profyclub_ru/mvcc-unmaskedbruce-momjian

Another high priority thing to check out is the README files in the
code (this is mentioned tangentially in the developer FAQ).
Personally  (and I'm no expert) I find some parts of the code much
easier to dive into without a lot of surrounding context than others
-- it could take a lifetime to learn it all.  My advise is to start
small and pick a very specific topic and focus on that.

merlin