Re: Postgres version upgradation and compatible with os version.

От Keith
Тема Re: Postgres version upgradation and compatible with os version.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 10:57 AM vinod kale <vinod16895@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Team,

We have to perform the postgres major version upgradation activity in our environment.
So before upgradation we just need to confirm few below things.

Currently we have postgres 9.6.8 version in our environment.
And we have to upgrade on postgres 10.8 or 10.11 or 11.7
So can we upgrade directly from
9.6.8 to 10.8 ,
9.6.8 to 10.11 ,
9.6.8 to 11.7

And also all this postgres versions i.e  9.x, 10.x , 11.x are compatible with operating system centos-7?

Please help me out in same.

Kindly let me know if anything required.
Thanks in advance.

--
Thanks & Regards
Vinod Kale.

All of those versions are compatible with CentOS7. And you can upgrade from 9.6.x directly to 11. It's recommended to always going for the latest minor version as well, which is now 11.8

Also recommend carefully reviewing all the release notes between all these versions, especially the major version changes (10 & 11). This website gives a convenient means of seeing what all has changed between specific versions

Keith