Re: Possible bug / regression from generated keys

От Peter Cooner
Тема Re: Possible bug / regression from generated keys
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Brilliant! I wonder why my test case doesn't do that, as its so close
to yours, alas.

I'm glad the problem has finally been exposed. Any idea why this
doesn't happen in the older driver? Did something change or is by
chance?

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Nov 2012, Peter Cooner wrote:
>
>> I tried to write a test case for a few days before I mailed the list
>> and was unable to produce the problem :(
>
> Based on this description, I created a self contained test which is
> attached.
>
> The problem is that the driver is splicing together a single
> generated keys ResultSet from each individual batch execution, but
> some results come back in text format and some come back in binary.
>  The combined result has a single per column format flag and it gets
> confused when trying to parse a text result that it thinks is in binary
> format.
>
> The driver needs to be taught not to change the requested format mid batch
> execution, but this is a tricky area.
>
> Kris Jurka

Сообщение: Re: Possible bug / regression from generated keys
Сообщение: Re: Possible bug / regression from generated keys