Re: Mark a reloption as indexterm

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Mark a reloption as indexterm
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 1:15 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 2019-Apr-16, Fujii Masao wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 12:35 AM Alvaro Herrera
> > <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> > > For autovacuum it says "configuration
> > > parameters" rather than "configuration parameter".  Other than that, it
> > > looks good to me.  (I didn't check that all storage options were covered.)
> >
> > Good catch! Seems "configuration parameters" had been used for autovacuum
> > parameter since old version. I agree to replace it with "configuration
> > parameter"
> > for the sake of consistency. But I think that it's better to do that by
> > the separate patch because they are separate things.
>
> OK, no objection :-)

While reading config.sgml again, I found that there are both
"autovacuum configuration parameters" and "autovacuum configuration
parameter", i.e., the plural and the singular. The latter indicates
the autovacuum GUC itself. OTOH, the former seems to indicate
all the autovacuum-related GUC parameters. So the plural form is used.

So now I'm thinking that we would not need to fix that plural form of
the index term.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao

Сообщение: Re: Mark a reloption as indexterm
Сообщение: Re: Mark a reloption as indexterm