Re: 9.5 new setting "cluster name" and logging

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: 9.5 new setting "cluster name" and logging
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 1:19 AM, Evan Rempel <erempel@uvic.ca> wrote:
> On 02/19/2016 08:10 AM, Fujii Masao wrote:

>>> I would think that in the case of using a csvlog that you would configure
>>> the log_line_prefix to not include the escape sequence of the
>>> cluster_name.
>>> The administrator would tune all of the logging components to work
>>> together,
>>> or am I missing something here?
>>
>> log_line_prefix is only for stderr and syslog, not for csvlog.
>> It cannot control what to output in csvlog, for now.
>>
>> Regards,
>

> In that case, my request for a new escape sequence for the log_line_prefix
> will have no impact on csvlog output because it would
> only affect uses cases where log_line_prefix is used AND where the
> administrator has added the cluster name into the log_line_prefix.

So cluster_name will never appear in csvlog. Maybe I'm OK with that.

OTOH, there are many "escape sequences" available in log_line_prefix,
and their corresponding information is basically output in csvlog,
but only cluster_name is not. That design looks a bit odd.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao