Re: Triggering a function on table overwrite

От Misa Simic
Тема Re: Triggering a function on table overwrite
Дата
Список pgsql-general
+1

I could undertsand the need to point to current version... but my goal was just to give someone a hint for his problem... I have answered from bed, from my mobile phone... so it was shortcut - few taps copy/paste, and google pointed me to the link...

In case I needed to worry about "is it for current version" (Though I have no idea which version user is on)... I would probably no answer at all... too much effort for simple help...

2012/2/6 Chris Angelico <rosuav@gmail.com>
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 8:42 PM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
> Misa Simic, 06.02.2012 10:35:
>
>> Hi Bob,
>>
>> I guess with "overwrite the table" you mean to fill some columns with your
>> values in trigger...
>>
>> If that is the case, in docs is example:
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/plpgsql-trigger.html
>>

> Please do not link to outdated documentation, use "current" instead of the
> version number:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/plpgsql-trigger.html

It seems that Googling for documentation often brings up old versions.
Would it be difficult to have all those pages have a little banner up
the top saying something like "NOTE: This documentation pertains to a
previous version of Postgres. Documentation for the latest version of
Postgres can be found at http://blah/blah/current/blah.html"?

Chris Angelico