Re: PostgreSQL 'Corruption & Fragmentation' detection and resolution/fix

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 'Corruption & Fragmentation' detection and resolution/fix
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 8:21 AM, Rui DeSousa <rui.desousa@icloud.com> wrote:
> Note that DBCC was never a selling point and neither is fsck; the fact that those tools are needed is a problem.

DBCC is a selling point. "Parallel consistency check" is a feature
that is only available in SQL Server enterprise edition.

PostgreSQL has comparable tooling - contrib/amcheck. As I said,
amcheck is available as an external project for Postgres versions
prior to 10.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 'Corruption & Fragmentation' detection andresolution/fix
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 'Corruption & Fragmentation' detection andresolution/fix