Re: Insert performance for large transaction with multiple COPY FROM

От Claudio Freire
Тема Re: Insert performance for large transaction with multiple COPY FROM
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 7:41 PM, Horst Dehmer <horst.dehmer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since the complete schema (of about 300 tables) is generated, I will just try char(20) instead of numeric(20) in the
nextdays to see if it makes any difference. Which I somehow doubt.

I think that might just make it worse.

Well, maybe the others were right, and it's just that you're hitting
the disk on that particular table.

That, or it's all those CHECK constraints. Have you tried removing the
CHECK constraints (they're a heapload of function calls)

От: Horst Dehmer
Сообщение: Re: Insert performance for large transaction with multiple COPY FROM
От: Alexandre de Arruda Paes
Сообщение: From TODO: Simplify creation of partitioned tables