Re: problems using pg_start_backup/pg_stop_backup and pg_basebackup at same time

От Alex Malek
Тема Re: problems using pg_start_backup/pg_stop_backup and pg_basebackup at same time
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Should I file a bug?

Does anyone know of a workaround?

I could try running pg_basebackup w/ --xlog-method=fetch and see if that helps but I do like knowing that the base backup will have all needed WAL files regardless of WAL retention policy on master.

Thanks.
Alex

Recap of what I *think* is going on:

1) pg_basebackup w/ --xlog-method=stream is started
2) archive_command is not executed while pg_basebackup() is running
3) while pg_basebackup() is running pg_start_backup() is executed
4) Later pg_stop_backup() is executed.
5) pg_stop_backup() hangs related to the archive_command not running
6) hours later when pg_basebackup finishes, back logged archive commands get executed then pg_stop_backup() finishes