Re: Cold backup with rsync -- WAL files?

От Craig James
Тема Re: Cold backup with rsync -- WAL files?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
While I appreciate suggestions of other ways to do replication, does anyone have an answer to my original question?
...The procedure I'd like to implement is:

  server B is always "cold" (Postgres not running)
  while A is running, rsync A --> B
  stop Postgres on A
  rsync A --> B
  restart Postgres on A

My question is: what about the WAL files?  Do I need to rsync them from A to B too, or can/should I just clean out B's WAL directory, or something else?

Thanks,
Craig

Сообщение: Re: Cold backup with rsync -- WAL files?
Сообщение: Re: Cold backup with rsync -- WAL files?