Re: A very long running query....

От Rosser Schwarz
Тема Re: A very long running query....
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Ioannis Anagnostopoulos
<ioannis@anatec.com> wrote:
> On 20/07/2012 22:23, Claudio Freire wrote:
>> Misestimated row counts... did you try running an analyze, or upping
>> statistic targets?
> I have run analyse every so often. I think the problem is that as I get 16K
> new rows every minutes, the "stats" are always out... Possible?

It may not help much with any skew in your data that results from
divergent data appearing, but you can update the statistics targets
for those columns and analyze again, and the planner should have much
better information about the distributions of their data.  The max
stats target is 10000, but the default is 100.  Increasing it even
just to 500 or 1000 should help the planner significantly.

rls

--
:wq

Сообщение: Re: A very long running query....
Сообщение: Re: A very long running query....