Re: [PERFORM] Create view

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Create view
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi

This is wrong mailing list for this question - please, use pgsql-general for similar questions. I don't see any relation to performance.

Dear team,

Can you please let me know how we can create a view using db link,

A base table column having serial datatype. And we want to create a view of that table on server B. But unable to create and getting the below issue.

Error:

ERROR:  type "serial" does not exist

LINE 17: as roaster_test ( roaster_id serial,

                                      ^

********** Error **********

ERROR: type "serial" does not exist

SQL state: 42704

Character: 432

Script:

create or replace view roaster_test as

select * from  dblink('port=5433 host=INN14U-DW1427 dbname=postgres user=postgres password=postgres94',

'select

 roaster_id,  roaster_date,  pickdrop,  roaster_state,  cab_id,  shift_key,  roaster_creation_date,

  status integer,

  notificationcount,  totaltraveldistance,  start_trip,  end_trip,  trip_duration from public.roaster')

as roaster_test ( roaster_id serial,

  roaster_date date,

  pickdrop "char",

  roaster_state character varying,

  cab_id character varying,

  shift_key integer,

  roaster_creation_date date,

  status integer,

  notificationcount integer,

  totaltraveldistance double precision,

  start_trip text,

  end_trip text,

  trip_duration text)

Suggest me if there is any alternate way for the same.

Serial is "pseudotype" and can be used only for CREATE TABLE command. This pseudotype is translated to "int DEFAULT nextval(automatic_sequence)"

Use int instead in your case.

Regards

Pavel Stehule

Regards,

Daulat

DISCLAIMER:

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Check all attachments for viruses before opening them. All views or opinions presented in this e-mail are those of the author and may not reflect the opinion of Cyient or those of our affiliates.