Re: [GENERAL] expanded auto and header linestyle double

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [GENERAL] expanded auto and header linestyle double
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Thanks for the reply, Pavel!

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 1:01 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

Greetings,

Using PG 10.1.

In my .psqlrc I have:

\x auto
\pset linestyle 'unicode'
\pset unicode_header_linestyle double

and when the output is expanded, I do not see a double line for the first record, but I do for all subsequent records. For example:

% select  * from artist;
─[ RECORD 1 ]─────────────────────────
artistid │ 1
name     │ AC/DC
═[ RECORD 2 ]═════════════════════════
artistid │ 2
name     │ Accept
═[ RECORD 3 ]═════════════════════════
artistid │ 3
name     │ Aerosmith
═[ RECORD 4 ]═════════════════════════
artistid │ 4
name     │ Alanis Morissette
═[ RECORD 5 ]═════════════════════════
artistid │ 5

I would like to have the initial "RECORD 1" line have the same "double" linestyle as the other records.

Am I missing a config item?

yes - it is border line

use \pset border 2

Hmmm.... I didn't use the "border" setting.

and you understand

you are missing

\pset unicode_border_linestyle double

But I did use the above setting.

So my .psqlrc looks like:

\pset linestyle 'unicode'
\pset unicode_border_linestyle double
\pset unicode_header_linestyle double

═[ RECORD 1 ]════════════════
artistid │ 1
name     │ AC/DC
═[ RECORD 2 ]════════════════
artistid │ 2
name     │ Accept
artistid │ 3
name     │ Aerosmith

Thanks for helping me get it corrected.

It still feels strange that when using "expanded" display the first record separator would be categorized under "border_linestyle" and the remaining record separators would be categorized under "header_linestyle".

There is some simplification - this line is header and together border. It has sense when you use border 2

Regards

Pavel

Cheers!

-m